We aim to offer local, life-long, competitive football and coaching and beyond that, social involvement to young people who live in and around Stoke Hammond that involves;
- High-quality, age-appropriate coaching in line with FA guidelines to support player development in the long term
- Structured, competitive football appropriate to all ability levels played in a safe and friendly environment.
- A challenging, supportive learning environment
- An expectation of good behaviour & respect for others
- Encouragement that players try they’re best and make the most of their abilities
- The Football Pathway offered by SHFC can be summarised as;
Under 6 Developments
The SHFC under 6-development programme will provide children with the opportunity to improve their football skills, under the guidance of professional football coaches. During the course children will develop new skills & techniques, including dribbling, passing, turning & shooting. A typical session includes a fun warm up game, technical practice, skill practice & small-sided games. There will be the main focus on invasion games to get the children used to looking for space & playing against opponents.
Our aim is to provide the children with all relevant skills, techniques & experience to get them ready for their next step onto the footballing ladder.
Mini Football (ages 7-11)
SHFC aims to deliver through coaching, practice and matches a Positive Learning Environment for all young footballers and supports the FA initiatives of ‘non-competitive’ Leagues.
Coaching and playing priorities for these age groups includes;
- “The A, B, C’s” – development of Agility, Balance & Coordination
- Encouragement of creativity & risk-taking
- Opportunities for success for all players
- Focus on individual needs of each player
- Opportunities to play – positional rotation & equal playing time
Youth Football (Ages 12-16)
SHFC aims to run multiple teams per age group at 11-a-side football that will compete & challenge for honours.
The Coaching and playing priorities for these age groups includes;
- Ensuring coaching is practical & relevant to ability levels
- Appropriate tactical instruction
- Position specific practise
- Player self-reflection and analysis
- Encouragement of creativity