The Founding of Stoke Hammond Football Club
A few parents stood in the playground at the local school, discussing their children’s desire to play football, and realised that there was no local team. After a few informal discussions, it became apparent that this feeling was wider than just a couple of children, and there was the will to provide a football team for the children. Several Dads kindly volunteered to go on FA coaching courses to develop their skills! With this enthusiasm, a committee was formed and Stoke Hammond Youth Football Club was started in late 2014.
- Non-profit making
- Managed and operated by volunteers
- An open club that aims to deliver, structured, competitive football in a safe and fun environment for players of all ability levels
To try and ensure financial constraints don’t constrain membership, concessionary/discounted subscriptions are offered (at the discretion of the Management Committee) to a number of players each year.
SHFC is affiliated to the AFA (Amateur Football Alliance), and our teams compete in The Milton Keynes Friendly League.
Our teams play:
- 5-a-side matches at U7 & U8 (school year 3)
- 7-a-side matches at, U9 & U10 (school years 4, & 5)
- 9-a-side matches at U11 & U12 (school years 6 & 7)
- 11 a-side matches at U13, U14, U15, U16 (school years 8 to 13)
Each team is managed by a qualified FA Level 1, Level 2 coach and assisted by volunteer parents and all matches are refereed, primarily by qualified referees.
The Club is committed to and abides by, the FA rules and regulations concerning coaching, child protection and grassroots football development. We have a Child Protection Officer and, in keeping with obtaining FA Charter Standard status, full CRC checks and minimum Level 1 coaching qualifications in place.